Recommended cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for all Kenwood radios and accessories in response to COVID-19
Our customers in San Francisco and in Northern California have asked how to better protect their employees and their two-way radio equipment during these uncertain times. Here is a service bulletin released from Kenwood.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, JVCKENWOOD is providing recommended cleaning and disinfecting instructions for Kenwood radios and accessories to assist with general hygiene guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization (WHO) www.who.int and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) www.cdc.gov.
- Remove dust and dirt from surfaces using a clean, soft cloth. If additional effort is required to remove dust and dirt, a non-metallic brush may be used to loosen dirt and debris.
- Apply a 0.5% detergent-water solution (ex: natural detergent or mild dishwashing soap) or a 70-80% disinfecting ethanol* solution to a clean, soft damp cloth and wipe down all surfaces. If using a detergent-water solution, distilled water is recommended.
- Dry all surfaces using a soft clean cloth paying close attention to terminals and connectors.
- Inspect the radio to make sure no cleaning solution remains trapped near connectors or inside terminal cracks or crevices.
* The majority of commercially available disinfecting ethanol is diluted to a 70-80% solution. Please check the dilution ratio before using to clean/disinfect radio or accessory surfaces.